ing of the ICC cricket committee. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
riluowanying123 Dec 11 '17
CHICAGO -- Maybe it was the extra rest, or another raucous crowd at the United Center. Vikings Super Bowl Jerseys From China . Maybe it was just the resumption of one of the NHLs biggest rivalries. Whatever it was, the Chicago Blackhawks finally found that extra gear they talked about for days. Johnny Oduya and Marcus Kruger scored in the third period, Corey Crawford made 20 saves and the Blackhawks beat the Detroit Red Wings 4-1 in the opener of their second-round playoff series Wednesday night. "Much better from our prior series," coach Joel Quenneville said. "I thought what were talking about in our team game was in place. Had some pace, had some speed, zone time, and I thought everybody contributed." In the wake of Chicagos five-game victory over Minnesota in the first round, Quenneville talked about a higher level of intensity, and each of his biggest stars echoed his comments. The response was a dominant final two periods in the Blackhawks first game in the Western Conference semifinals since they won the Stanley Cup in 2010. Marian Hossa had the opening goal in the first, and Patrick Sharp finished with an empty-netter and two assists to give him nine points in the post-season. "I thought it was our best game of the playoffs, no question," Sharp said. Jimmy Howard had 38 stops in a terrific performance, but Detroit still lost to rival Chicago for the eighth straight time dating to last season. "I think in the first it was pretty even, but then I think in the second and third they looked like they had a little more energy than we did," Red Wings captain Henrik Zetterberg said. "Its going to be nice to have a day off tomorrow and practice and then looking forward to Game 2." The series resumes on Saturday afternoon at the United Center. The 75th all-time playoff game between the Blackhawks and Red Wings was tied at 1 after two periods, and Howard made a great stop on a breakaway by Dave Bolland 4 1/2 minutes into the third. Chicago kept working and went in front to stay on a heady play by Oduya. He drifted in from the point and sent Sharps pass past Howard on the glove side with 12 minutes left. "Getting the win is the only thing that actually matters," Oduya said. "Like I said, anyone could have scored that goal at that point. We had a lot of chances and Im lucky I got it in there." Kruger then jumped on a loose puck and sent a backhander into the upper right corner to make it 3-1. That was more than enough for Crawford, who caught a break when Damien Brunners rebound attempt went off the crossbar and straight down before Brent Seabrook swept it away with about three minutes left. The opener of the 16th playoff series between the Original Six teams was the first game for Chicago since it eliminated Minnesota last Thursday. Detroit closed out Anaheim with a 3-2 win in Game 7 on Sunday night, taking the final two games of the series against the second-seeded Ducks. Despite the long break, there was no sign of rust for the Blackhawks. The Red Wings skated right with Chicago at the start, but they couldnt keep up at the end of the game and coach Mike Babcock said they were looking forward to a day off. "Were not trying to take anything away from them," he said. "They were better than us. The score tonight was more than fair as far as Im concerned. They were better." The Blackhawks struck first in the first playoff game between the teams since Detroit won the 2009 Western Conference final. With Gustav Nyquist in the box for hooking, Sharp forced a turnover along the boards and Jonathan Toews sent the puck to Hossa, who one-timed it past Howard at 9:03. Detroit needed less than two minutes to respond, tying it when Brunner poked in a rebound for his third career playoff goal. The rookie centre also contributed three assists in the first round against the Ducks. The Blackhawks killed off two power plays created by penalties on Andrew Shaw. They killed off another one when Nick Leddy was sent off for delay of game in the second period, making them a perfect 20 for 20 on the penalty kill in the post-season and sinking Detroit to 1 for 18 on power plays against Chicago, including the regular season. "We know that were a much better team than this," Red Wings defenceman Niklas Kronwall said. "The second and third period were not nearly good enough. We know were better than this, so we have to find to get better here for Game 2." NOTES: It was the 800th game between the teams. ... Detroit F Justin Abdelkader was shaken up after he collided with Blackhawks D Michal Rozsival in the first period. He was helped to the bench after a few moments down on the ice, but eventually returned to the game. ... Blackhawks F Viktor Stalberg was a healthy scratch. Quenneville said it was a "coachs decision" and Stalberg could get back on the ice at any point. ... Toews and Pavel Datsyuk of the Red Wings joined Patrice Bergeron of the Boston Bruins as finalists for the Frank J. Selke Trophy as the NHLs best defensive forward. ... Chicago won eight of the previous 15 playoff series against Detroit. Youth Vikings Super Bowl Jerseys .05 million next season unless Graham and the Saints subsequently agree on a long-term deal. The designation was released Monday after the deadline passed for NFL teams to use franchise or transition tags on players becoming free agents. Wholesale Vikings Super Bowl LII Jerseys . Paul Pierce couldnt believe he missed at the end. Young scored a season-high 26 points to spark a huge effort from the leagues most productive bench, and Los Angeles beat the Brooklyn Nets 99-94 on Wednesday night after blowing a 27-point lead. http://www.cheapvikingssuperbowljerseys.com/ . According the Toronto Star, a knee injury will keep Sundin out of the lineup, which includes former teammates Gary Roberts, Darcy Tucker, Tie Domi and Curtis Joseph. Complications arising from the Faf du Plessis ball-tampering episode forced a rethink of the rule, but the MCC world cricket committee has resisted making changes to Law 42.3. Du Plessis, the South Africa captain, was caught on camera using a mint in his mouth to shine the ball during the recent Hobart Test. The ICC found him guilty of ball-tampering, though du Plessis has appealed the verdict.The case raised three issues with the law. Du Plessis argued the law was not clear: how was, for instance, Gatorade-affected saliva different from mint-laden saliva? Many players - recently and long retired - admitted to contravening the law, saying using lollies, mints and sweets was the line the players themselves drew. Even if it was argued that the law was clear, the policing of it - especially the role of the broadcaster as was the case with du Plessis - was ambiguous.MCCs world cricket committee sought to address all three issues. The law, it said, was clear, and spelling out banned substances would always leave room for exploitation. To try to be too prescriptive by listing banned substances would be counterproductive, as something will be missed in the process of such drafting, the MCC release said.John Stephenson, MCCs head of cricket, reiterated that the law was not ambiguous. My advice to them [confused players] would be to not contravene the law, which is very clear. I was part of that [du Plessis] hearing. In my opinion what he did flagrantly contravened the law. He put his finger straight on the mint, straight on the ball, and was caught on camera. It is really a very clear case of ball tampering.Mike Brearley, chairman of the MCC world cricket committee, said that other players admission cannot be a valid defence. If you speed youd probably get away with it, Brearley said. But not everyone does. Sometimes you are caught. And when you are caught flagrantly doing something, you deserve to face the penalty, whatever that penalty is. Which seems to me as far as I know is what happened to Faf du Plessis. The fact that other people do it doesnt mean that you shouldnt catch the odd person who does it flagrantly.That du Plessis was not caught by on-field umpires raised questions about the host broadcasters role in bringing the issue to light. It is near impossible for umpires or the match referee to catch someone shining the ball illegally without the use of cameras. Vikings Super Bowl Jerseys 2018. When Rahul Dravid was caught using a lozenge on the ball, it was done through live footage. In du Plessis case, footage was the incriminating evidence and the MCC admitted it was a concern.We were slightly concerned about host broadcasters, Brearley said. There will be a lot of focus now on people, especially on him [du Plessis] and the South African team I daresay at the moment, and it could be used by home broadcasters. That could happen anyway. After a while it will lose its prominence. Anyway people have to behave. They have to do things according to regulations and laws.Stephenson said they did not want cameras constantly following players when they were shining the ball. Thats certainly not what we want. But as Mike said, if you are not breaking the laws, you have got nothing to worry about, he said. As we all know shining the ball is part of the art of cricket. We want the ball to swing. But it was pretty obvious to me when I saw the footage. You couldnt argue with the fact that his [du Plessis] fingers went straight on the mint and straight on the ball.Former Pakistan batsman Ramiz Raja, a committee member, reassured players about unfair examination by cameras. Mike put it absolutely brilliantly, he said. You must not get caught. It is as simple as that. I think the broadcasters are not looking for such incidents and episodes. Nobody wants this game to be controversial. I think the players are experienced enough to know whats the done thing. Try to live within the perimeters as prescribed, I think lets leave the tampering law as it is.ESPNcricinfo understood that broadcasters do not seek out players shining the ball. Their cameras have been known to look away when players shine the ball, irrespective of the team they belong to. The issue is certain to come up at a meeting of the ICC cricket committee. While the laws of cricket are formulated by the MCC, the ICC has its own playing conditions that supplement the laws. So a rethink on ball-tampering cannot be ruled out yet. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '