Newly Married - Help Establishing a Household Budget | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
sigband Jan 5

Hi there,

I was recently married, and now that the initial crazy busy phase is coming to an end, my wife and I are planning to sit down and establish our household budget. We are both fairly frugal and savings-oriented, but neither of us has had a well-defined budget before, and the idea of trying to get one in place is a little intimidating. I was wondering if there are any templates/software programs out there that you would recommend for this purpose? I did a quick search of the forums, but there were no threads that jumped out at me.

Any help you could give would be much appreciated - thank you!

Edit: Also, any tips you might have for combining finances and collaborating on financial goals would be welcome.

Tabris Jan 5
Hello, welcome to our ranks, haha! First of all, you need to get information about making a family budget properly. I would advise you to read the article on this site for familiarization -- https://wealthynickel.com/recommended-budget-percentages/. You will already know everything you need to allocate the family budget properly when you read this article. There is nothing complicated about this, but if you and your wife solve this issue, it will be much easier for you to save money for something in the future, because you will be shocked by how much more money you will have.