Friday in an effort to eradicate what he called dullard | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
tegebu Sep 17 '16
Ohio State wins Big Ten opener at Maryland COLLLEGE PARK, Md. Barrett slept better on his second trip to the state of Maryland as Ohio State starting quarterback. About a month ago, Barrett was a bundle of nerves prepping for Navy after Braxton Miller was lost for the year after shoulder surgery. He did OK, but he was what he was a redshirt freshman making his collegiate debut for a marquee program. On Saturday, he returned and spoiled Maryland first home game as a member of the Big Ten, throwing for 267 yards with four touchdowns and running for 71 and a score in the No. 20 Buckeyes 52 24 win. playing very well, coach Urban Meyer said. the neat thing is, we can still get better. is starting to run Meyer score all the time offense as if he been doing it forever http://www.bengalsteamjerseyshop.com/Vontaze-Burfict-Jersey. The Buckeyes (4 1, 1 0) scored on drives lasting 3:01, 3:27, 1:18, 1:46 and 0:05 to take a 31 10 halftime lead and hush the first sellout crowd at College Park in nearly six years http://www.bengalsteamjerseyshop.com/Andy-Dalton-Jersey. Ohio State has scored 168 points in three wins since losing to Virginia Tech, a stumble that now seems as distant as that Navy game that had Barrett so antsy. Asked to compare the two, Barrett smiled. was one of those deals, popping up in the middle of the night, I think I popped up at like 2 o 3 o and, like, 5:30, he said. nervousness and having butterflies in my stomach. Compared to last night, you sleep easy. The thing I do now, I take the Sleepytime tea, so I go to sleep so I not sitting there with my thoughts at night. It way better than it was. was a major topic in general this week for Meyer http://www.bengalsteamjerseyshop.com/Will-Clarke-Jersey, whose team had a noon kickoff at a stadium he had never seen http://www.bengalsteamjerseyshop.com/Tyler-Eifert-Jersey. Friday in an effort to eradicate what he called dullard look coming out of the locker room. 50 50 when you go on the road for a noon game, Meyer said. it the middle of the first quarter before they wake up and that other team jumps on you. All of a sudden, it 7 0 and you playing uphill the entire game. We went nuts this week with that. Our coaching staff, I was grinding them pretty hard Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday about a fast start. sure got it. The Buckeyes might have never played Maryland before, but they marched up and down the field as if they owned the place. The 51,802 fans, at least those rooting for the home team, must wondered what their great conference shift had wrought. The Terrapins (4 2, 1 1) had an impressive Big Ten debut win on the road the previous week at Indiana, but their top highlight Saturday was a school record 57 yard field goal by Brad Craddock. guys know now that here the league that we in, Maryland coach Randy Edsall said. them and some of the other teams in our division, this is the standard bearer. Brown started for Maryland despite leaving the Indiana victory with a sprained left wrist. He played the first half and was ineffective and often under pressure, completing 11 of 18 passes for 71 yards with three sacks Adam Jones Jersey. He also threw an interception deep in Terrapins territory late in the half. For the second half, Edsall turned to Caleb Rowe. The coach said the move wasn injury related and that he was going with a more traditional drop back quarterback because he wanted to throw the ball more. Edsall said Brown made some poor decisions but added: our quarterback. change mattered little to the outcome. The Buckeyes went back to work making the Terrapins look like, well, terrapins. An 80 yard drive needed only four plays and 1:27 before Barrett hit Devin Smith for a 30 yard down the middle strike to make it a four touchdown lead. Barrett later added a 9 yard scoring run to cap a 60 yard drive that took 4:02 off the clock. Ezekiel Elliott finished with 139 yards on 24 carries for the Buckeyes, and the defense had four interceptions. Rowe finished 13 for 22 for 173 yards with one touchdown and three interceptions, including one returned 19 yards by Raekwon McMillan for a Buckeyes score. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.